Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tea, with the Queen, in my kitchen...

Ah...I may have exaggerated...ever so slightly...

Just wanted to show you a few little things that I picked up recently on my visit to my local flea market. And I felt sure the title would reel you in! And it's not a lie...well not exactly....



Isn't she lovely? What a gorgeous patina. I think I paid about 1 pound for her! You may find this a little gross...she still has the loose tea inside. I can't bear to part with it. It kind of feels like it came as a package and so I have to keep it that way...am I weird? I also picked up these little beauties...

So pretty! And although I blogged last year about taking the colour out of my kitchen, it seems that slowly but surely it has been creeping back in. It's funny, I swoon over pictures of white kitchens. I go weak at the knees for that pale Scandinavian chicness. But when I try to achieve the look at home, I always feel like I'm not 'done'. And so the colour creeps back in...a touch of blue here...a splash of red there, until before you know it, I'm back to a more 'English Country' style.



I'm thinking I should just go with it. After all, style shouldn't be forced. I must be a true English country girl at heart. I'm sure Her Majesty would approve!

Hugs,

B x

4 comments:

koralee said...

These are such beauties...I am like you...I adore white but I must have some colour!!! It makes me sooooo happy.

Sending you oooodles of happiness today as you sip tea with the Queen..wish I was there with you. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow I like the photos of the crockery very much. Its look like many years old but still shining. After all Old is Gold.

Fitted kitchens

Renohacks said...

Brilliant B!
You have such a good eye. You should definitely go back to colour in your kitchen. How is the floor by the way? Any progress?
Have a great day.
xxx

Simply Bungalow said...

Love your finds. The cups are beautiful and tin is lovely.
~Heidi

Related Posts with Thumbnails