Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"It's the little things that make a house a home..."

This is something I say to my husband, and my kids almost everyday!




I am constantly on a quest to find that 'little something'.




This week is no exception...these are my new 'treasures'...




Jess and I went to the new(ish) Anthropologie which has opened up in Oxford Street, London and although I was disappointed by the prices (300 pounds for a dress is way out of my financial comfort zone) they did have a great sale section, where I found this beauty...






Originally 15 pounds each(!) I bought the last 4 for 1.59 each!!!

I love a bargain :O)

Recently I have been lamenting the fact that I don't have a birdcage to sit in my bay window (go figure) anyway, yesterday I had to pick Chris up from the station. On my way to get him he called to say he'd missed his train and would be on the next one.


No worries, the station is right round the corner from my favourite place; TK MAXX (Winners to my Canadian friends and TJ Maxx to my American buddies) so in I pop with my eye on the time I make a beeline for the home department. Low and behold there sitting on it's lonesome and priced at a magnificent 12.99 was my hearts desire...








It was love at first sight.

The last thing I have to show you is actually something I'm working on myself - although knowing my work ethic it may be a while before I get to enjoy the finished product...




Made from calico and ribbon they are very cheap- and easy to make. 2 down 3 to go...

All in all, I'd say it's been quite a successful week for 'treasure hunting'!

See you tomorrow,

B x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails