Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quick reality check...

Hi guys, long time no speak! I hope you all had a fab weekend and everyone has had some sunshine. I’ve been laying low lately, for several reasons. Firstly, I had to make a weekend trip back to the UK for some high speed house hunting. After which I was exhausted (as you can probably imagine) The day after I got home my Mum arrived for 2 weeks; this was already planned, but my trip home was not, and the whole thing has thrown me into a bit of a tizz! On top of that, this weekend was my Mum’s birthday and Max had a 3 day (over our Bank holiday weekend) soccer tournament. His team came second in the under 8's, they did a great job!


Throw into the mix that I haven’t had my husband home for 3 weeks, we are still in the process of selling 2 houses and buying another and I think you could safely say this has been a tough couple of weeks. When my Mum arrived I showed her my blog for the first time and she was like; “Mmm, that’s nice love” – not really her kind of thing I think! Then over the weekend I said “I must post something on my blog – it’s been ages” to which she responded “Why?” and suddenly, for the first time, I asked myself the same question. Why? I’m sure everyone goes through this, but this is my first time questioning the whole thing. Is this for me, in which case I should be able to post or not post as I see fit. Is it for others, in which case I will start worrying and questioning everything I write; is it funny, is it cool, witty, wise? I began blogging because I had been reading so many of your lovely blogs out there and I wanted to be part of the gang. I just hadn’t realised the commitment involved. My other issue is the fact that I have nothing to offer. I started this blog with the idea of starting a business and linking the two – I’ve seen how well it’s worked for some of you out there. But now that we’re moving continent that idea is on hold and this has become more of an electric diary of sorts. But, is that enough? I’m by no means fishing for compliments about my blog. But just writing about your everyday stuff, is that enough to keep your followers -and maybe get a few more? I guess I’m just wondering if any of you feel the same way – is this normal? Maybe I should just enjoy it for what it is; what do you think?
B x

Above is the post I had saved and was about to send when I decided to check my email first. There I found this... “What I wouldn't give for anyone to think I had big fat boobies...
Ah, the days before four kids... :) Great story - so glad I found you~xo”

...it changed my day, and I remembered why I do this; because you are all amazing and you make me feel amazing too!

Thank you x

6 comments:

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

Hi, just stopping over from SITS! You were above me. I love your blog and I am a Follower now. Visit me.

Kasey said...

Well..you know I love you and your blog...just keep it real girl!there is nothing wrong with having a place to write.
I hope all works out for you cutie!
Xo

koralee said...

oh...please, please, please don't stop...i love your blog...i find just having somewhere to put down my thoughts is so helpful in everyway...the very best part are all the wonderful people you meet who are soooooo supporting... good therapy..that's it! Wishing you the very best with your selling and buying of a home(or 2)..xoxoxo...i really want to see your new home!

Rebecca said...

i have had the same thoughts as well...but typing it out and releasing it into cyberspace feels kinda cleansing in a very strange way...i love stopping by your place...it's lovely getting to know you!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Don't stop!!! Don't worry about anyone else just be yourself and tell your story.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hi ya B! So nice to meet ya. I so know what you mean about blogging. I often wonder who will ever want to take a peek at my goofy little life. I don't have a computer at home so sticking to any sort of blogging schedule is out the window for me. I love to read about others lives though. So neat that you are living in Canada from England. I'm from the States living in Canada. My hubby would love to pack us up though and move us to England! He just loves it there. I almost died laughing when I read the fat boobs story. I think when I'm down or need a good laugh I'll think of that story. Soooo incredibly priceless!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails