Sunday, May 31, 2009

Magic moments part 2 (a trilogy)

This week was prom week and I think I was a little unprepared for how much is involved in such an event! The dress, the hair, the nails, the limo - wow, it was like getting my girl ready for the Oscars! And I have to say (although I may be a little bit biased) when she was finished, she looked like she was going to the Oscars - she looked BEAUTIFUL.






Jess' date for the night was a boy from her drama class called Stephen. They are just friends and I think it was nice to have someone she could be herself with at her side. He's such a lovely boy, he even matched his shirt and tie with Jess' dress so that they looked perfect together!





With Chris being away in the UK things weren't quite as easy to organise and when I took them to a friends' house to get the limo we had to squeeze Stephen (who's about 6 foot) in the back of the car between Max and Eva as I had no one to watch them - it kinda cramped their style, but they dealt with it very well!

She had a great night and it's a lovely memory for her to take back to the UK in 6 weeks.





So, now prom is over and it's exam week (she's studying as I speak) next stop graduation. I think leaving Canada after 4 years will be hard for Jess. She has made some great friends and will have some wonderful memories. But come September she will be at University back home, living on campus and starting the next chapter of her life.

I'm really going to miss her.


6 comments:

koralee said...

Jess is beautiful! What lovely memories and a great looking bunch of kids!!! She will adjust well...they always do...especially if she is starting a new school anyways! It is always us moms that worry worry worry...sometimes i wish i had a magic wand and could make everyone happy and everything perfect!!
Thank you for sharing your magic moment with us...i love everything about proms!

Kasey said...

wait a minute...
your the mother of this girl?
how the heck old are ya girlie?

KayEllen said...

Beautiful!!
What fun memories that were made!!
Darling daughter:)

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Have a great week!

Smiles,
kayellen

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

You are right, she is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by.

Robbie S. Redmon, LPC said...

I left you a goodie over at my blog...hope you'll swing by when you get a chance!

Design It Chic said...

they really look cute together! so for sure these will be great memories for when she goes to college!

Now also, i wanted to tell you to stop by my blog cause i have an award waiting for you up there!
Happy Friday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails