Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dinasours, dollars and our doggie

We are in the midst of March break here and yesterday Chris and I took the 2 little ones to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM). We had so much fun, it's not often we all go downtown together. I always find it weird seeing my little kids in a big fast city - I'm such a suburbanite! Max and Eva both particularly enjoyed the dinosaur exhibition. They also had a medieval exhibition and Max got to wield a huge sword which of course he loved! I forgot to take my camera so no pics but we had a great day. To make up for the lack of pics here is a picture of the lovely daisies in my kitchen...While in the city I popped into a kiddies clothes store that someone had suggested to me (I forget the name of it) I was really excited as I had been told they stocked pretty girls dresses in comfy stretchy knits. So in I go (while the rest of the crew walk on without me!) I pick up this lovely simple blue and white striped jersey knit dress and proceed to have a heart attack when I see the price tag...$379.00!!! For a t-shirt dress with a bow stuck on it!? I'd better sit down at my sewing machine and start knocking up some dresses of my own if you can charge that much for them! No, when I do start selling my wares the whole point is that they are comfortable PLUS affordable - I just don't see the point in spending that much money on something that's probably only going to last a year. Even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't spend that much on my kid's clothing. Who has that sort of money to waste these days? Insane. OK, moan over!

When we had finished at the museum we headed back home and stopped at Alice Fazooli's one of our favourite restaurants for 'Dinch' or Lunner' (we couldn't decide which) as we were too late for lunch and too early for dinner. When we got home we had a couple of games of Old Maid and I took some pics of our dog; Cookie, who was obviously annoyed at having been left alone at home all day - look at those eyes. Don't they say "Poor me"!?


This week we plan to make cupcakes, go on a bike ride or two and sort out the toy cupboard; if we have time ;o) And Max and Eva are looking forward to big sister Jess coming home. Me too!

Live large,
B

2 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

Your clothing is so CUTE! Makes me want a little girlie around here. Thanks for stopping by my place

Custard Shoppe said...

thanks for popping into kookie and saying hi! cute cute site!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails